Content Management System (CMS) Overview.
A content management system (CMS) is software that assists in the organization and presentation of content on a websites.
A CMS is made up on two applications:
Primary goals of a Content Management System (CMS) ate to:
• How big of a site do you need?
• Does you system need to be scalable?
• Do you need something to work right of the box, or are you willing to work on the system for a while to set it up?
• What type on information will you be presenting on your site?
• Will there be only one administrator for the site, or will they be spread around the world?
• Do you need varying levels of access for your site or will it be open to all users?
• Are you willing to spend money on the system or would a free, open source solution be better for you?